By the way, thanks to Peter and Sam for some good future reading suggestions (Cyteen and Angelmass for anyone who missed their presentations)...and Christine, I will definitely be checking out Heroes!
11/19/2008
The Furby Autopsy
By the way, thanks to Peter and Sam for some good future reading suggestions (Cyteen and Angelmass for anyone who missed their presentations)...and Christine, I will definitely be checking out Heroes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(23)
- ► 11/09 - 11/16 (3)
- ► 11/02 - 11/09 (1)
- ► 10/26 - 11/02 (2)
- ► 10/19 - 10/26 (4)
- ► 10/12 - 10/19 (2)
- ► 10/05 - 10/12 (5)
- ► 09/28 - 10/05 (3)
- ► 09/21 - 09/28 (1)
12 comments:
i thought this was interesting since a freind and i found an old furby in their attic recently
That's weird how it randomly starts and stops working. The people who made this site are pretty funny: "Frankly, we find him much more amusing dead than he was alive." And they go into so much detail.
Did anyone of you check out the hacker tab?
that was so disturbing. But i too had a bugged out furby. I remember the furby would have random out breaks until finally one night, I woke up to the furby making a weird kind of screaming trying to talk like noise, and it wouldnt turn off. Then after about an hour of that my furby just shut off. However i dont think i would ever cut it up.
I've always wanted to see a furby robot cut up..(no serial killer) that was pretty cool though.
To be honest, furbies always scared the living hell out of me as a child. Anything that moved on its own that wasn't an RC car was creepy.
I don't know, there was just something about it's creepy voice and lazy eyes; There was something off with Furby and I'm not sure if I ever want to find out what lies beneath their supposedly cuddly exterior for fear of what their true face is.
I once had to babysit my Aunt's Furby when I was younger. At first I thought the Furby was cool... and then after awhile, I got annoyed with it, because it would never fall asleep when I wanted to fall asleep and wouldn't stop yakking. I was so glad when my Aunt had come back from whatever she had been doing and was able to take the Furby back.
Seeing the Furby Autospy sort of reminds me of some of the videos I've seen on YouTube where someone put a Tickle Elmo on fire. Anyway... after awhile one is bound to get curious on what is underneath all that fur.
And I'm glad you enjoyed my presentation about NBC Heroes. :)
Kinda reminds me of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." When whatsherface starts snipping off the legs of the spider and such. To Androids, I suppose, it was just a machine to take apart and see how it worked - "humans did it to robots, so why couldn't Androids do it to living things?" mentality...
I was always scared and freaked out by Furbys when I was a kid... I never had one, and never wanted one. I never understood how people got so crazy over them, either. To this day I still find them freaky.
I think the Furbys are completely freaky. They remind me of the evil gremlins. I don't even think they're cute. I don't think I'd be inspired to either dissect or hack one, but I'm glad someone took the time to do it :)
And Christine, you're welcome! Thanks for the good work. I'm really loving most of the presentations.
the disected furby was really cool and everone have a great break!!!!
wow! that thing is scary looking. thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment